Terms & Conditions
Wild Swim Wales Terms & Conditions
Easy Read Version
You need to read the email sent when you book. This gives all the information you will need. Please get in touch to ask any questions.
2. Inclement weather & changes to itinerary
We cancel if the weather makes it unsafe.
We will try to change venue to get more shelter if we can. If we change venue we try to do it as close as we can. We only refund if we cancel.
Sometimes we may have to change the times slightly. We try to keep this as minimal as possible.
We will email and/or phone/text/WhatsApp the person who booked.
We only refund if we cancel.
3. Cancellations made by us
It’s rare we cancel. If we do cancel we will reschedule, add credit to your account or refund. This is your choice.
4. Cancellations made by you
Once a booking is made we don’t offer any refunds. Our wonderful staff arrange their other work around our requests and it’s not fair to cancel their work.
5. Block booking & credit
If you pay for a block booking with cheaper sessions and want a refund, the sessions used so far will be charged at full original price. Some block bookings have a ‘use by’ date. If you don’t use your block by this date, there is no refund or credit option.
Credit (including vouchers) needs to be used within 12 months. Regular customers need to use credit within 12 months to get regular customer discounts.
6. Arriving late. Leaving early.
Allow 15mins extra to get to us. If you are late, please phone/text/WhatsApp. Sometimes we can wait, sometimes we can’t. (Tides & weather don’t wait for us!)
You may be able to catch up but it may be too late due to group safety.
You will not be able to leave until we know you are properly warm. This could be 30 minutes after our swim or longer.
7. Health requirements
We will ask you to fill in & sign a waiver. Details in your booking email.
You need to tell us of all medical conditions, additional needs and mental health conditions. Tell us anything you find difficult, anything you will need help with and any allergies & dietary requirements.
We recommend you check with your doctor if you have any pre existing medical conditions such as heart problems/disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, epilepsy, have been told not to exercise by your doctor, are overweight, are over 60yrs or are/may be pregnant.
Always tell us if you feel unwell during a session.
If you don’t have the right kit, you may not be able to join the session. Most of the list is warm clothes & suitable footwear.
Please read your kit list & pack carefully.
9. Personal belongings
You are responsible for all your own belongings. Most venues pose low risk but we recommend you leave valuables at home.
Car keys may be left in our van at your own risk.
10. Photography, phones & watches.
We do not allow photographs. We will use our camera to take video & photographs which we are happy to share with you.
Please switch off your phone & take off your watch. This is a time for relaxing.
11. Social media, tagging & naming venues
Please do not tag, share or name our venues on any social media posts. This is so we respect local communities, preserve wildlife flora & fauna and don’t overwhelm small & isolated venues.
12. Safety guidelines & safety brief
Please listen to the safety talk at the start of the session. It’s very important.
By booking with us you acknowledge:
* I am swimming with Wild Swim Wales entirely at my own risk and understand that the operators accept no responsibility for loss or damage to individuals or their property
* I have read, understand and agree to abide by all the terms & conditions for swim sessions by Wild Swim Wales.
Wild Swim Wales Terms & Conditions
1. Booking – The person who books is responsible for sharing the information with anyone else they have booked. This information only goes to the bookee. Please read your booking email asap.
2. Incelement weather & changes to itinerary – Occasionally the weather & sea conditions mean it’s not safe to be on a beach/in the water although we are used to challenging conditions and know a whole load of sheltered nooks we can escape the worst of it. If we get really challenging weather we may have to drive a little further to access a more sheltered venue, run a shorter session, change the session times, not go into the water or use an indoor space instead. These really are a last resort and we only change things to make sure safety is a top priority. If we feel your session is not value for money, we may issue a part refund or credit where appropriate. Sometimes the weather forecast is wrong meaning very last minute changes are needed. We will contact you by phone if this is the case.
3. Cancellations made by us – In the unlikely event we cancel any/all of the sessions, we will refund you in part/full or offer you alternative sessions at a later date. If we do cancel & refund, we cannot reimburse you for accommodation or other costs (please see ‘insurance’ above).
4. Cancellations made by you – Once booked, we don’t offer refunds for cancellations made by you. We can in some circumstances try to find someone to take your place, but this is very dependant on various factors. We and our staff make availability to run these sessions, often arranging other paid work around them. Cancellations can leave us out of pocket or unable to run the sessions for others booked.
5. Block booking & credit – If you pay for a block booking with cheaper sessions and want a refund, the sessions used so far will be charged at full original price. Some block bookings have a ‘use by’ date. If you don’t use your block by this date, there is no refund or credit option. Credit (including vouchers) needs to be used within 12 months. Regular customers need to use credit within 12 months to get regular customer discounts.
6. Arriving late & leaving early – Please allow at least an extra 15mins to get to our venues for each session. If you are running late or cannot attend, please let us know via phone/text/WhatsApp. We usually don’t mind waiting a short while but tides and sunsets won’t wait for us so we may have to just start without you. If this happens, you may be able to catch up & join us a little late but sometimes this is not possible for safety or logistical reasons. If you are too late, there isn’t an option to refund or reschedule.You will not be able to leave until we know you are properly warmed after any swim/dip/paddle. This can be 30 minutes or more after you leave the water.
7. Health Requirements – As stated above, we need you to disclose any health conditions and complete our waiver. If you have any medical condion, are over 60yrs, are overweight, have/family history of heart problems, high blood pressure, epilepsy or may be pregnant we strongly advise you check with a medical professional before booking. Although no one has been advised against attending our sessions, we are not medical experts so this responsibly must be with yourself. We also need to know about any allergies, if you suffer from migraines and whether you have any disabilities or mental health issues, whether diagnosed or not. The more you tell us, the easier it is for us to keep you safe & ensure all your needs are met.
8. Equipment & kit – We will have given you the essential kit list which will include appropriate warm clothing, shoes, jacket and some other items. If you don’t have the essential kit and we consider that to be too much of a risk to include you, you will not be allowed to join us. Eg not having sturdy shoes for a coast path walk or not having a windproof jacket on any session. Our risk assessments are written carefully and failure to have the right kit may mean you would not be within our safety boundaries. This has legal and insurance implications for us meaning we could be risking too much by including you. Please make sure you have (or can hire from us) everything on the list.
9. Personal belongings – we cannot be responsible for any of your personal belongings. We recommend leaving them at home/at your accommodation/in your car (out of sight). There is a very low risk of any items being stolen as we are usually within sight of our belongings when we are doing activities. There can be the option to leave keys in our van but you do so at your own risk.
10. Photography, phones & watches – Our sessions are designed to be a digital detox, you will be asked to switch off your phone and take off your watch for the entirety of each session. A time to disconnect with the restraints of time and constant availability.If you feel that 3hrs is too long to be out of contact for an emergency reason, you can give our number to anyone who may need to get in touch in an emergency. Please note that some of our venues have limited or no phone or data signal.We don’t allow photographs to be taken by customers. We will take video & photographs for media purposes and are happy to share these with you. If you do not want to be included in any media for advertising purposes, please let us know. Otherwise we will presume you agree.
11. Geo tagging, social media & place names – We don’t name our venues, or tag them on social media. Pembrokeshire is a beautiful and fairly remote county with many isolated and tranquil places. We are finding so many more people are following geo tagged locations, YouTube/TicToc/Instagram videos and social media tags to these locations and whilst they aren’t a secret, not everyone is respecting the communities, the landscape or the wildlife in these special places. Once something is posted online, it’s there forever, not thrown away like newspapers were. Many 1000s more people can access this.Please feel free to tell your friends in person about the gorgeous places we visit, but don’t tell 100s in one go on Facebook or Instagram.
12. Safety guidelines & safety brief – We try to be as relaxed as possible on all of our sessions but there are some guidelines we need you to adhere to. These are for your safety and if you do not follow them, you could be compromising not just your own safety, but the safety of the group and staff. We will make you aware of our safety guidelines before each session, please make sure you listen to this important information.
13. By booking with us you acknowledge:
- I am swimming with Wild Swim Wales entirely at my own risk and understand that the operators accept no responsibility for loss or damage to individuals or their property
- I have read, understand and agree to abide by all the terms & conditions for swim sessions by Wild Swim Wales.